Closing date23 May 2022
ILO: CALL FOR TRAINERS TO PILOT SCORE IN ALBANIA
The Sustaining Competitive and Responsible Enterprises (SCORE) is a training programme of the International Labour Organization (ILO) targeting SMEs. It aims at improving the productivity and competitiveness of SMEs using management practices that are proven to be effective and in line with ILO values and standards.
In Albania, within the Framework of the Business Partnerships and Solutions for Sustainable Development Goals (BPS4SDGs) Project, funded by the Government of Sweden, the ILO is organizing a SCORE Training of Trainers (ToT) to capacitate national institutions and training service providers to deliver the SCORE training programme to enterprises in the textile and footwear sector.
The ILO is inviting applications from industrial engineers, business consultants, quality, OSH or HR specialists to be trained in SCORE with the goal of becoming ILO certified trainers. Selected candidates will participate in a SCORE ToT for a total duration of 7 days, in June through a combination of class-room (5days) and shop floor training (2 days) with SMEs.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM OUR TRAINERS
- Full time participation in the SCORE ToT for a maximum of 7 days, including a first round of training of enterprises (ToE) monitored by an international SCORE expert. Training venue, materials and the costs of the field visits will be covered by the ILO, under the ILO/BPS4SDGs Project
- Support the roll out of the SCORE pilot and train SMEs assigned to you in the piloting of SCORE programme in Albania. Daily working fee will be covered by the ILO/BPS4SDGs (estimated time allocation: 9 days to be distributed between July 2022 and November 2022)
- Follow and maintain SCORE quality standards as prescribed by the ILO methodology
- Provide feedback on lesson learned in supporting SMEs to implement the SCORE methodology
- Promote the SCORE training programme to the assigned SMEs
- Maintain close working and reporting relations with the ILO project coordinator.
Sound technical background: University degree in industrial engineering, human resource management, business administration or any similar field or equivalent technical qualification. While a technical degree is preferable, experience and knowledge of business and training acquired through informal education will also be considered.
Business exposure: Participants should have been exposed to the daily routines of enterprises (entrepreneurial drives and drawbacks), preferably from running their own business, or as an employee, consultant or in another capacity.
Experience in training adults: Previous experience of delivering training or facilitating interactive workshops is an advantage.
Language: Fluency in Albanian and English (oral and writing skills)
Gender: The ILO strives for gender balance amongst enterprise consultants. Participation of female trainers is encouraged.
Availability: Trainers should be able (time-wise) and committed to provide SCORE Training if they pass all the requirements.