Gender Based Violence against Women (GB-VAW) is one of the most pervasive forms of violence worldwide. Albania is not immune to this global pandemic that affects all countries, societies, religions, faiths and ethnic backgrounds. Addressing GB-VAW is a central development goal in its own right, and key to achieving other development outcomes for women, their families, communities and nations. Thus, eliminating GB-VAW, a precondition for equitable and inclusive sustainable development and full realization of human rights, as well as an important value and objective in itself, is a key priority for the United Nations (UN) in Albania.
1. Women and girls enjoy more effective preventive measures against violence in Albania, because:
- CSOs and NHRIs promote accountability of service providers, including in the justice system, and have increased capacities to influence the GEWE agenda.
- Men and boys are included in VAW prevention and existing perpetrators' programmes are strengthened.
- State and non-state actors (CSOs, UN system, private sector, donors) are systematically engaged in prevention and protection of survivors of VAW and in raising overall awareness on EVAW.
2. Women survivors and those at risk are better protected from all forms of violence and have equitable access to services in Albania, because:
- Service providers and local response mechanisms to DV, including the coordinated mechanisms have increased capacities and tools to provide basic and specialized services to all survivors of VAW and inform women and girls about VAW reporting mechanisms.
- State and non-state actors have strengthened capacities and resources to establish long-term rehabilitation and reintegration services for victims of VAW.
3. Responsible institutions and actors implement national policies and legislation on VAW in a more comprehensive, inclusive and coordinated way in Albania, because:
- State institutions and actors have increased knowledge to improve the legal framework and policies on VAW so that they are comprehensive of prevention and protection measures for victims of all forms of violence and are in line with international standards.
- State and non-state actors at national and local level have improved coordination mechanisms in addressing VAW.\
Cross cutting issues:
- Mainstreaming of priorities and needs of rural women and women from disadvantaged communities, ensuring an intersectional approach throughout the programme;
- Reaching out to men and boys to ensure real transformative changes of patriarchal norms and practice;
- Using innovative approaches in preventive, capacity building and other interventiosn;
- Extending and strengthening partnerships with all possible actors, which directly or indirectly are responsible to address VAW especially at the local level.
Përmbajtje e Ngjashme
- UN Women: United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women
- UNDP: Programi për Zhvillim i Kombeve të Bashkuara
- UNFPA: Fondi i Kombeve të Bashkuara për Popullsinë
- UNICEF: Fondi i Kombeve të Bashkuara për Fëmijët
- ALB MoHSP: Albania Ministry of Health and Social Protection
- ALB MOJ: Albania Ministry of Justice
- ALB MoESY: Albania Ministry of Education Sports and Youth
- SIDA: Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency